Made in the Midlands, Sold to the World Roadshow.
About the event
Grow your international sales at the Made in the Midlands, Sold to the World Roadshow - taking place in Birmingham (29 March 2023) & East Midlands Airport (30 March 2023).
The Roadshow will empower you to develop your businesses exporting strategy, provide you with the knowledge to drive growth, and help build your confidence when tackling important and highly topical export issues.
Dates and locations
29 March 2023 – The Botanical Gardens, Westbourne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 3TR
30 March 2023 - Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, Herald Way, Pegasus Business Park, Derby, DE74 2TZ, United Kingdom
Supercharge your export journey
Our Roadshow is designed to connect you with export experts to give you
1. Visit the Main Stage to hear how you can access a wealth of support from The Department for Business and Trade. You will also hear from local businesses who have succeeded in growing their brands internationally.
2. Choose from a range of Workshops covering highly topical areas including:
- Exporting to Europe
- Trade and Cybersecurity
- Importing goods into the UK
- Movement of Goods
- Winning Business: Communications & Culture
- Researching Market Trends & Opportunities
- Market Entry Strategy: Routes to Market
- Accessing UK Export Academy
- Trading Digitally
- Cross Border VAT
- Product marking, labelling and packaging
- Building an International Brand
- Getting Paid
- Intellectual Property Rights
3. Meet and hear from successful goods and services exporting businesses in our Peer-to-Peer Panel discussions.
4. Meet our Global Network in the Support Hub where you can explore the markets and find out which one is best suited to your products and/or services
5. Find local support in the Growth Zone. Meet with our advisers who are based across the Midlands plus a range of organisations who can provide access to wider business growth support, funding and sales opportunities
6. Request a one-to-one meeting in our Meeting Zone, where you can meet with International Trade Advisers, Sector Specialists, our wider DBT network and our representatives who are based in key global markets
7. Grab a coffee, meet with likeminded businesses, and build your local connections within the Networking Zone.
With so much going on, our team will be on hand to help you to make the most out of the day.
Make lasting connections
Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to meet 1:1 with a range of export experts including overseas colleagues from key markets, Export Academy Advisers, Specialist Advisers, and wider DBT support including colleagues from the Export Support Service, UK Export Finance and many more. There will also be plenty of opportunity to interact with and learn from your peers throughout the day.
How to attend this event
If you want the tools and support to provide your brand, business, team, and self with the best chance of overseas success, then this is the event for you. We expect demand to be high for these events so please register as soon as possible to secure your place.
Important travel information
There are planned rail strikes taking place on Thursday 30 March which may impact your travel plans. Please note we have arranged free parking at Radisson Blu.
Secure your free ticket today in either Birmingham or East Midlands Airport!