The Future Global Music Economy
Tuesday, 7 November 2023
‘The Future Global Music Economy’ event on 7 November 2023
The phenomenal global success of UK Music is generating export growth, with UK recorded music exports leaping by 20 per cent in 2022 alone to hit £709 million for the first time ever.
Over 20 UK artists who have accumulated over 100 million audio streams worldwide in 2022 have been recipients of Music Export Growth Scheme (MEGS) grants, a scheme co-funded by the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). Many artists, who have received International Showcase Fund (ISF) grant support, have gone on to enjoy commercia success, such as this year’s Mercury Prize Winner Ezra Collective.
To celebrate the biggest ever year for UK artists worldwide, DBT, in partnership with UK Music, LIVE, the BPI and PRS Foundation, would like to invite you to join our biggest ever celebration of UK music on 7 November 2023, from 15:00 onwards, at the iconic House of Koko in Camden in north London.
Taking place during DBT’s flagship International Trade Week, this daytime event will be followed by a one-off live showcase, placing a spotlight on the UK’s world-leading music industry and reinforcing the government’s commitment, set out in the Creative Industries Sector Vision, to support its international growth including a trebling in MEGS funding. This event will:
- Provide a global music outlook with the latest insights on areas of international growth and emerging trends;
- Show how live music tours can break artists into new markets and discuss current challenges such as EU touring;
- Outline government music export support such as MEGS, our partnership with the International Showcase Fund, the British Music Embassy at South by Southwest and trade missions, including testimonials from music companies who have benefited;
- Explore the cutting edge of UK music, from generative AI and streaming to the metaverse;
- Feature exclusive live performances in the evening.
Expressions of Interest
Owing to limited venue capacity, DBT will make the final decision on event attendees. If you are a UK-based active music exporter, looking to grow your export business, please apply for a place to attend this event by Friday, 20 October using the link below. We will look to restrict attendance to one person per individual music business.
How to attend this event
Register / Friday, 20 October