Simplifying Doing Business in China
for Northern Powerhouse
Discover the Opportunities for your business in China
We are pleased to announce a new series of focused virtual roundtables for Northern Powerhouse companies focused on the opportunities in China.
China is one of the UK’s second biggest export markets, and there is high demand for many of the products and services British companies excel in producing.
Opportunities exisit for a wide range of UK companies, and exports rose by 71% in the last year.
If you are considering the opportunity for your business in China, we would be delighted if you joined our roundtable discussion series that will cover a range of topics highlighting the critical issues and opportunities in the market and strategies for growing sales in this vital market.
We have three roundtables to choose from. They will be held over Microsoft Team’s and will give the opportunity for active discussion and debate with experts in growing in the Chinese market.
Choose one of the three roundtables on offer and get the chance to ask our experts speakers specific questions relevant to you and your business.
Simplifying Doing Business in China - Strategies for Growth – Tuesday 23 January, 10:00 - 11:00
- This event is relevant for companies from all sectors, we will look at the issues and opportunities in the Chinese market and the strategies that have led to success for other UK companies.
Growing in the Retail and Consumer Sector in China – Wednesday 31 January, 10:00 - 11:00
- The retail and consumer goods sector in China is one of the world’s most vibrant. We will explore the opportunities in the sector and strategies for seizing them, including e-commerce and bricks and mortar.
Growing in the Food and Drink Sector in China – Thursday 1 February, 10:00 - 11:00
- There are significant opportunities in the food and drink sector in China. We will explore these opportunities, the ways to deal with the more challenging aspects of operating in China, and strategies for success.
We have put together a great line-up of speakers to help you make the most of the event.
- Duncan Levesley is the Service Director for the Export Support Service - International Markets: China. This is a key service offered by the Department for Business and Trade to help UK companies enter and expand in that market. Duncan has been working with China for around 20 years, and has helped companies of all shapes and sizes set up and grow there through a variety of different business models.
- Claire Urry is Commercial Director at the China-Britain Business Council. A Mandarin speaker, she graduated from Leeds University in 1991. She has been actively involved in doing business with China for over 25 years and while with CBBC has worked across a range of sectors supporting companies to address and overcome the key challenges in trading with China and grow in this vital market.
- Food and drink event: Ran Guo is the Export Support Service’s Food and Drink sector lead in China. Ran has advised a wide range of UK and international food and drink companies to look at the practical and strategic issues involved in selling in the sector in China, including addressing challenges around market access and how to sell products in one of the world’s most exciting and important markets.
- Retail event: Ben Rotheram is the Export Support Service’s China Hub Director. He is based in Shanghai and has supported a variety of British retail and consumer companies to grow their businesses in China. This includes new entrants to the China market getting started and more experienced businesses looking to drive further growth, and covers models from e-commerce and partnering to working through a direct presence.
Don't miss out.