Opening Doors to the US: Virtual Event
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has organised a virtual event designed for businesses in:
- Scotch whisky
- Northern Irish whiskey
- Pork and Cheese
New trade deals are opening doors for British businesses in the consumer goods industry with UK products in demand in the US due to their strong reputation for quality, innovation and authenticity.
From this event you'll learn from experts about:
- Key insights and trends in the US consumer goods industry;
- Category-specific updates from our in-market specialists;
- The support DIT provides to businesses on the ground in the US;
- The opportunities the US offers and how to access them.
13:00 BST: Plenary Session
- Introduction from Rt Hon Secretary of State Elizabeth Truss MP and Her Majesty's Trade Commissioner in North America, Antony Phillipson.
- DIT support for Consumer Goods and Food & Drink producers.
- The 2021 Consumer Goods USA Outlook.
14:00 BST: Sub-sector Sessions
Please note: these events will run concurrently.
The US whisk(e)y landscape in 2021.
- DIT USA and the Distilled Spirits Council of the USA will provide an overview of whisk(e)y trends in the US, the outlook for on-premise re-opening and how the industry is changing from take-away cocktails to the rise of alcohol e-commerce.
The US Specialty Cheese landscape in 2021.
- DIT USA and AHDB will provide an overview of cheese trends in the US, recent trade promotion activity highlighting UK cheese to US retail buyers and discuss opportunities to engage with buyers over virtual wholesale platforms in 2021.
US opportunities for UK pork in 2021.
- DIT USA and AHDB will present on insights gleaned from recent participation at the North American Meat Conference on demand opportunities for British pork products.
US E-exporting opportunities for Fashion and Apparel in 2021.
- DIT USA and Global B2B Digital Platform JOOR will present on the US fashion landscape in 2021 and the opportunity for British brands to showcase their collections on the JOOR platform and reach over 300,000 retailers with DIT support.
Date: Tuesday 11 May 2021
Time: 13:00-15:00 BST
Register for the virtual event:
Please note: the event will take place on MS Teams, the link to join will be share closer to the date.