London Tech Week ANZ Virtual Trade Mission 2021
20 - 29 September 2021
The UK Department for International Trade (DIT) in conjunction with state government partners, invite you to apply for the Australia and New Zealand virtual mission to London Tech Week 2021.
The successful Aussie and Kiwi tech companies will be invited to join a pre-mission in person networking event in early September and participate in a series of virtual evening sessions on 20 - 29 September 2021.
Applications to join the mission have now closed. Please contact Caitlin.Gheller@fcdo.gov.uk with any questions.
Hosted in partnership with:
About London Tech Week (LTW)
LTW is Europe’s largest technology festival gathering the world’s most inspirational founders, global leaders, senior investors and rising stars to collaborate and discuss the vital role of technology on society.
In 2020 LTW attracted an incredible 20,000+ attendees from across the globe for its first ever virtual LTW, with over 700 sessions across 11 days, featuring 750+ leading speakers and innovators. 130 Aussie and Kiwi companies were selected to participate in the first ever LTW virtual mission to build their network and support them to understand the market opportunities in the UK.
This year the agenda focuses on a sustainability, inclusivity and resilience to address cross-border challenges and support economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
ANZ Virtual Trade Mission
Aussie and Kiwi tech scaleups will have the opportunity to join LTW again this year through DIT’s virtual mission. Participants will hear from key players in the UK tech ecosystem, discover new market opportunities and learn more about the new UK-Australia / UK-New Zealand Free Trade Agreements.
Participants will gain access to a curated programme including:
- Early September: join one of our networking events in Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. Meet other tech delegates and network with the ecosystem.
- 20 - 29 September: attend a series of virtual evening sessions tailored to Australian and New Zealand scaleups ready for international expansion. These include capital raising, visas, R&D and grants, brand building and accessing the market.
Who can apply
The programme has been designed for Aussie and Kiwi scaleups considering expansion to the UK. It will focus on the following tech sectors:
- Creative technology (AR/VR/MR, Gamification, Adtech, Media, E-Commerce, Sportstech, Marketing Tech)
- Digital health and wellness
- Future technology (AI, Cyber, Blockchain/Distributed Ledger, IOT, Robotics, Big Data, Space)
- Impact technology (technology companies making a positive environmental or social impact)
There is no cost to join this mission however, applicants will go through a competitive selection process based on readiness for UK expansion.
Open to Australian and New Zealand companies only.
Applications to join the mission have now closed.
For more information, please contact Caitlin Gheller - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Victorian companies need to apply via the Global Victoria application process.
- South Australian companies will need to register with SA Connect Plus and then follow the links to the SA application form.
“I found it extremely informative, and had no idea that there was so much support from the UK government for Australian companies to setup in the UK. Attending the event also provided me with points of contact that I can reach out to in the future. It was an invaluable event and the time invested was worthwhile.”
Johanna Kloot, CEO Green KPI
London Tech Week delegate 2020