Healthcare & Life Sciences: Discover Growth Opportunities in India
Why the UK?
UK’s track record of scientific breakthroughs is driving the next generation of life-changing treatments, technologies and services. We offer a national research and evidence gathering platform with unique data and clinical insights in our National Health Service (NHS).
Over the course of nearly 70 years, the NHS has delivered world-class and cost-effective healthcare through a system in which every part works to improve outcomes for patients, which is implementable around the world. Our healthcare system is based on expertise in areas such as strategy and planning, funding, training, innovation, service delivery and regulation.
The UK is at the forefront of global scientific exploration, invention and innovation. The highly productive science base in UK is further secured by a commitment to increase R&D spending to 2.4% of GDP by 2027. UK researchers and institutions have pioneered major scientific breakthroughs – from the .
The UK is home to:
- Global life sciences clusters connecting investors with customers, collaborators, supply chains, and innovation partners
- More medical products in development than any other country in Europe. This generates a turnover of £80bn and exports of £30bn*
- 1 in 4 of the top 100 companies in the 2020 Global Digital Health 100
- The first national healthcare system to introduce genomics into mainstream medicine and continues to be leaders in cell and gene therapies
- Leading-edge research and innovation platforms to test, bring to market and commercialise the next generation of discoveries
The UK healthcare and life sciences ecosystem is a dynamic space for bold, high-risk scientific research and application in medicine:
- Digital Health
- Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
- Clinical Research
- Medicines Manufacturing
- Health Infrastructure
- One Health
- Health system strengthening
- Education and Training
Why the UK?
- 4 out of top 10 Universities are housed here
- UK is ranked top 5 on the Global Innovation Index 2019
- It prides itself on a rich heritage of exploration and innovation
- It enjoys R&D tax reliefs of up to 230%
- 50% of all R&D expenditure coming from foreign-owned companies
The UK Department for International Trade (DIT) in South Asia can help you find UK businesses that have the products and services you’re looking for. We can also help make import regulations easier to understand and offer financial support for buyers.
Upcoming Mission to India
UK- India Virtual Biopharma and Nutraceutical Mission 2021
Date: 30th November and 1st December 2021
DIGITAL HEALTH | DIAGNOSTICS | BIO PHARMA & NUTRACEUTICALS | MED TECH | INFRASTRUCTURE | EDUCATION AND TRAINING