UK Export Academy
Creative Industries Sector Faculty
Welcome to the Creative Industries Faculty
Specialised Advice & Support SMEs
Creative Industries are recognised as a major success story for the UK. They generated £116 billion in GVA in 2019, more than Life Sciences, Automotive, Aerospace and Oil and Gas sectors combined. They employ over 2.2 million people such as filmmakers, designers and musicians and produce some of the world’s most recognised cultural icons, from Kate Bush and Stormzy to Dr. Who and Lara Croft.
The creative industries are huge exporters: they are twice as likely as the overall UK economy to sell their products and services internationally, projecting UK values and influence to the world. Creative services exports almost doubled from 2015 to 2020, with exports in 2020 totalling £41.4bn (source: DCMS Economic Estimates).
Creative Industries in the UK also show a higher tendency to export than other sectors. More than 20% of UK creative companies compared to just over 10% across the rest of the economy.
About Creative Industries
The sector is also at the centre of the UK’s soft power comprising as it does
- Design and Fashion Design
- And the Experience Economy
All of these sectors contribute massively to the UK’s reputation overseas
DIT is committed to support Creative Industries as they start and grow their export journey, whether this be exporting for the first time or exploring further opportunities in new markets
We will do this by:
- Supporting new exporters and working to equip them with the knowledge and skills to export in to new markets
- Linking overseas buyers to UK sellers
- Showcasing UK thought leadership and innovative thinking around the world
- Ensuring that the UK Creative Industries are well equipped to take advantage of new markets opportunities that fall out of Free Trade Agreements
To sign up for the Creative Industries Faculty and help to grow your buisness by learning how to sell to new customers all around the world, click below on Register Now.