The South East of England exported £98.6 bn worth of goods and services in 2019* making it the second largest exporting region in the UK.
Did you know that research has shown that companies who export are:
- More innovative
- Able to achieve a higher turnover growth
- More resilient to economic downturns in their domestic market
- Able to expand the lifecycle of more mature products
Exporting can also raise your company’s profile and credibility but exposure to international competition can also bring challenges and risks.
The Department for International Trade in the South East of England supports companies looking to find new international business opportunities in a variety of ways, including the Export Academy programme detailed below.
Kent, Sussex (East and West), Surrey, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire
The DIT South East Export Academy Programme is led by a range of experts, including DIT Trade Advisors, industry leaders and external specialists.
The programme includes:
- 10 core modules, which are repeated frequently, on the foundations of exporting. Topics include: Market research, Pricing strategy, Routes to market, Understanding incoterms, Understanding custom procedures, tariffs and export controls and Movement of money.
- A wide range of one-off value add events. Previous topics include: Selling on Amazon, Leadership for International Trade, Build an International Digital Strategy, Internationalising your Website, Creating a Commercial Invoice, Blogging for Business and so much more.
- 1-2-1 sessions with export experts to answer your questions from the programme's core modules and to help ensure that your export strategy factors in all the key considerations.
- Regional roundtable sessions to meet other companies in your county and learn from their experiences.
The programme is suitable for companies focused on both goods and/or services and is an unmissable opportunity for companies who want to make exporting part of their business growth plan and pro-actively sell internationally.
Whether you are completely new to exporting or already have your first order from an international client, this programme will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to begin your company’s journey into international markets.
Talk to us about how we can help.
Contact your local trade office and seek advice directly from one of our expert trade advisors.