UK Export Academy Yorkshire and the Humber
The Export Academy is a training programme delivered by the Department for International Trade that gives businesses like yours the know-how to export all over the world. If your product or service already sells successfully in the UK, we can help you reach even more potential customers overseas.
In Yorkshire and the Humber, thousands of companies exported £14.6bn goods in 2020, and £12.1bn services in 2019. To join them, sign up for the Export Academy programme, build your knowledge, and prepare your business for exporting.
Yorkshire and the Humber Region consists of: South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
What is the Export Academy programme?
- A series of core modules based on key export topics delivered by expert speakers, including: market research, pricing strategy, routes to markets, customs procedures, payment terms, logistics and Incoterms.
- Develop your knowledge with exclusive one-off events, such as sector-specific webinars, market access events, and advanced export topics. Previous events include: international business culture, changes to international travel, customs compliance, and access to global networks and funding.
- Access advice and support throughout the programme. You can contact Heather Witney, your Export Academy Adviser, who will join you in each workshop.
- Download the Export Academy Workbook and Export Action Plan. Complete your documents as you progress through the modules and leave with an action plan tailored to your business.
- Connect and network with business peers in Yorkshire and the Humber and meet local Export Champions who are already selling overseas.
“After graduating from the Export Academy, we felt so much more equipped to start selling our specialty gift products to the rest of the world. When we did receive our first international order, our dedicated International Trade Advisor guided us through all the different export processes, and helped us put into practice all that we had learned from the Export Academy.” Caroline Davis, Socks by Cubic Feet
For more information
Contact your local trade office and seek advice directly from our team of experts.
Meet the Team
International Trade Adviser, Department for International Trade
Simon Bedford has worked for the Department for International Trade (DIT), and prior to that UKTI, for over 12 years. In this time Simon has worked with more than 1,000 companies discussing the company’s strategy, assessing appropriate “route to market” options and supporting their international growth ambitions. Simon has also co-written a range of guides for DIT and his book “Exporting Made Easy” gives practical advice on selling overseas through agents and distributors. Simon has in-depth knowledge of a wide range of markets from Europe and the USA, to the Middle East and South East Asia. He worked for many years in the international division of a Belgian multinational. Additionally, Simon is an Associate Lecturer in International Business and Marketing at Sheffield Hallam University.
Export Academy Adviser, Department for International
Heather Witney has worked for DIT for over four years and has over 15 years’ experience working in sales and in customer facing roles. Her real passion is working with people to assist them in achieving their business aspirations and exporting goals. As the Export Academy Adviser for Yorkshire and the Humber she is your point of contact as you go through the programme so please don’t hesitate to contact her if you have any questions.
Director, Kranlee Logistics
Karen Mosley is a director of KranLee Logistics Limited based in Chesterfield assisting clients with all worldwide logistics requirements and customs matters. Karen has over 25 years’ experience in International Trade both at exporter and importer level with the bulk of experience from logistics and customs. Karen prides herself on sharing knowledge and providing training to others to assist effective, proven administration procedures within business engaged in international trade.
Already registered? Add more events or join an event on the links below: