UK Technical and Vocational Education and Training Trade Mission to Saudi Arabia
Monday, 5 December 2022
The Department for International Trade (DIT), in
partnership with the Foreign, Commonwealth
and Development Office (FCDO), is excited to
announce a Technical and Vocational Education
and Training (TVET) trade mission to Saudi
The mission will be led by Jonathan Ledger, the
UK Government’s Skills Specialist and will
consist of UK registered skills organisations
looking to establish new, and build upon existing
partnerships in Saudi Arabia, to support the
Kingdom’s reforms for the Tourism and
UK registered skills organisations includes further
education colleges, private independent training
providers, national skills academies and sector skills
organisations, awarding organisations in the
technical and vocational education and training
Outline Draft Programme
The mission will take place in Riyadh across 3 working days.
Engagements likely to include:
- Roundtables and workshops with important Saudi Arabian Government, including the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), Ministry of Tourism (MoT) and Ministry of Investment (MISA).
- Workshops and networking sessions with Saudi Royal Commissions from across the Kingdom, Gigacity Projects (including Red Sea Resort Project and NEOM) and leading private industry companies.
- Cultural visits across the Capital, to see the social and cultural changes in action in the country.
- 29th September 2022: Deadline to submit EOI
- 3rd – 7th October 2022: Review of EOIs
- 10th October: Notification of outcomes
- By 15th October 2022: Initial briefing commences
- To understand priorities for TVET in the Tourism and Hospitality sector in Saudi Arabia and the roles of Saudi Ministries in delivering TVET programmes.
- To identify new opportunities for UK TVET providers by establishing new relationships with Saudi Arabia to deliver Tourism and Hospitality ambitions under vision 2030
How to attend this event
UK registered skills organisations are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to join the mission. To allow for indepth programme, each institution will need to be represented by one person.
- UK registered skills organisations that demonstrate a strong interest in developing skills partnerships in Saudi Arabia, to support the Tourism and Hospitality sector (mandatory)
- Able to demonstrate impact in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector through skills delivery case studies (mandatory)
- Can articulate and present a clear strategy for developing a TVET / skills engagement portfolio in Saudi Arabia (desired)
- UK skills organisation with some background knowledge on the TVET and skills landscape in Saudi Arabia and / or the wider Middle East region (desired)
- UK skills organisations that have existing partnerships or ongoing discussions with Saudi Arabian institutions interested in TVET and skills collaboration (desired)
Submission of an EoI does not constitute acceptance. All EoIs are reviewed and shortlisted. The Department for International Trade retains the right to review and select appropriate participants. EoIs received after the deadline or not containing the required information, will be disregarded.
The expressions of interest form
must be completed by 18.00 (UK Time) Thursday 29 September 2022